a tip for anyone dealing with numbness/depressed mood/anger/sadness/anxiety, etc:
- make a playlist full of songs you know all the words to by heart. songs you love to sing or lip synch to or those songs you can fucking feel in your bloodstream as soon as you hear the first note (those songs that feel like they are part of your fuckin body)
- you are going to separate the songs by mood—how they make you feel, how you feel when you usually choose to listen to them, etc.
- start with sad or angry songs (if you are angry, start with angry. if you are sad, start with sad.)
- for the sad songs: pick the tunes you wouldn’t want anyone to see you sob-singing while you cry alone in a bathtub with eyeliner smudged all over your face lookin like a sad raccoon hiding in a dumpster from the rain. you know the ones im talkin about don’t pretend you don’t
- for the angry ones, pick the songs that make you want to start a revolution by yourself or kill a dude or set fire to the establishment or headbang until you get brain damage (disclaimer: do not actually headbang until you get brain damage.)
- next, add nostalgic tunes from your childhood or any old period you get nostalgic about i suppose. again, songs that you feel the urge to belt the lyrics to as soon as you hear the first few notes. i personally go for animated movie soundtracks.
- work your way up to more upbeat songs. the ones you listen to when you’re in a great fucking mood and the sun is shining (or whatever weather tickles your pickle) and NOTHING CAN STOP YOU NOW. BURNIN’ THROUGH THE SKY. 200 DEGREES THAT’S WHY THEY CALL YOU MR. FAH-REN-HEITTTTT
- how long should the playlist be, you ask????
- well that depends on how long it takes you to take a nice, long, relaxing shower/bath!!!!! BECAUSE THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO NEXT.
- get a speaker/your laptop/phone/whatever you use to play music without your headphones and blast that shit loud enough that you can hear it from the shower/bath, hit play, and hop in
- NOW SING. SING UNTIL YOUR LUNGS GIVE OUT.
- or lip sync if that’s what you’re more comfortable with, pal!!!
- (i would recommend a shower if you’re self conscious about your voice bc you won’t hear yourself as well and neither will anyone else!!!)
- in my experience, this is very very cathartic. like, unbelievably “holy-shit-i-never-would-have-guessed-it-would-be-this-helpful” cathartic.
- obviously this is just sort of a silly, temporary solution to a low mood, but it’s worth trying when you start getting overwhelmed or can’t shake off bad feelings/emptiness!!!!
This makes a lot of sense.
*doesn’t check bank account*
*pretends everything is fine*
I feel ya.
Wow, I thought I was the only one that did that.
Let’s just drink again. That solves problems right?
All of them.
Magneto thanks anyone who cooks him a meal because there was once a time where nobody would